Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Well...despite some dire warnings about road conditions we still had clinicals and discovered that the roads were pretty dry and definitely not slippery...at least on the way to Children's. It was snowing on the way home so the roads were a little snowy and slippery but not too bad. We were close to a snow day but it didn't quite happen.

I was in the PICU tonight which was pretty slow considering it's an ICU! My patients didn't really require care beyond monitoring and assessments/vitals every 2 hours. They were interesting cases though and I learned a lot in that sense. My nurse was really nice and I get to work with her tomorrow so it should be another good day. And maybe it will be more exciting!? Sometimes I wonder why I always feel so bored at clinicals...should I be trying to do more? My nurse was just sitting around so I am not sure what else I could have done. I want to make the most of my time at the hospital but I am not sure how and often feel that I am wasting my evening. :-(

We had our second "shepherd's team" meeting tonight. We have plenty of outgoing people on the team this year so our group has bonded a lot quicker than we did last year! We played fun ice breaker games tonight, did some paperwork, prayed and drank hot chocolate. Looking forward to the actual trip and working with the residents at Shepherd's again! I've enjoyed the other 3 trips I've taken so I am sure this one will be just as enjoyable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home