Saturday, February 26, 2005

Today was a beautiful day...a little nippy at 15,000 feet but perfectly clear. How do I know what it was like at 15,000 feet? I know because that's about the altitude we were at when I left the plane, somersaluted twice and spent 60 seconds free falling towards earth before the parachute deployed and we spent 5 minutes floating to the ground. Yep, that's right, I went skydiving today!! Can you believe it? It's seems surreal even to me but it's totally true! Micah, his dad, and I did tandem jumps today which means we were strapped to an instructor who really did all the work...we just enjoyed the thrill of falling at terminal velocity. :-) Talk about an adrenaline rush! I also discovered that it can be kinda hard to breath when you're falling that fast. Wish I had pictures of us during the dive but we weren't willing to pay the $80 for pics and DVD as much as i wanted it. But we did get pictures of us all suited up and Mrs. Holden took pictures of us as we landed so I'll try to get some pictures on here. I would recommend that everyone try skydiving at least once...not sure if I'll do it again but it was definitely worth going today!

www.skydivesuffolk.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home