Monday, March 15, 2004

So it's been a while since I blogged and probably lost half of my (small) readership. The week before Spring Break got too hectic with all the papers and projects we had to turn in that I just neglected to blog. But that's old news and won't go into that. Except to say that on Thursday Dr. Alyn surprised our class and treated us to lunch in the PDR! We had to listen to Margaret Wheeler teach us about business dinner etiquette but it was well worth the food and the fun! I guess the nursing department loves us after all!!

For spring break I went to Shepherd's Home in Union Grove, WI. As always it was a blast. We spent the day working with the residents doing various tasks. We helped out in the laundry room (I learned how to fold a fitted sheet by myself- I didn't learn by myself but I can fold it without the help of another person- I know, exciting isn't it?), kitchen, housekeeping and other places. The residents were just as excited to see us as they have been the other years I've gone. In some ways it was hard to leave because the residents didn't want us to go and they are a joy to be around. But it is emotional draining to be around them all day for a week. I have a lot of respect for the staff who work with the residents every day all year. Our evenings were free and we went out for dinner and then a couple nights we watched a movie. Wednesday we did chapel and prayer meeting for the residents. Both went well, especially wednesday night. We used that time to have the residents read or quote their favorite scripture and for them to pray. It was such a blessing to hear them pray not minding what the others thought. Definitely my favorite service of the week! Probably my overall high of the week. Thanks for all your prayers!!

I don't start work in the ER until Wednesday so I still have one more day to prepare myself. Definitely exciting about working but a little nervous as well. Not sure what to expect and that always makes me nervous. I found out (before I left for spring break actually) that my preceptor is leaving next week and so I'll be switching preceptors soon. I haven't worked with Mike yet but I am kinda disappointed as he seemed like a great guy to work with. Hopefully my next preceptor has a good schedule too...I kinda like the idea of working 7-5...well, more so than 7-7!

And finally, they are calling for 3-6 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow. I am excited as always since I love snow but why couldn't it come during clinicals? Oh well...I just hope it comes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home