Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Mike is feeling well again!! Well, mostly well...well enough to be out and about and not stuck in bed for hours on end!

Kudos to matt for publishing a most entertaining post while I was sick and for providing me with room service!

And the news you've all been waiting for...ok, the news I've been waiting for: For preceptorship I will be working in the Emergency Department (ED; formerly known as the ER) at CMC from 7am-5pm, 4 days a week! As I said before, the ED was my first choice and so I am very excited to have the chance to work there. My preceptor's name is also mike and it's cool that I get to work with a guy. My roommate thinks mike will be sad that he wasn't placed with a cute college girl but got me instead. Oh well, poor mike! This mike's happy though! :-) We start preceptorship on March 15 and continue for 5 weeks. My actual day to day schedule is still unknown but should be coming out soon.

Today I was assigned a home health nurse and visited her clients with her. It was very interesting and enjoyable. The clients we saw were very nice and friendly and the houses were clean and orderly. There wasn't much to do of course but I did do vitals. The visits went quickly and I was back on campus by 12:15! We have tomorrow off so that we can attend the Day of Prayer here on campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home