Sunday, May 30, 2004

This might be my last post for a long time...not that I post that often anyway...but I am packing up my computer now and head for camp in 6 days where I doubt I'll have computer access. :-(

Kraig comes home tomorrow morning!!! We're going down to Indy to spend the night since he comes in at 7:30am. I can't wait to see him again since it's been almost 5 months! Monday we're having a family Memorial Day picnic in Muncie. Then I am planning to stay in Muncie till wednesday to get everything packed for camp and hopefully all packed for Virginia so I don't have to worry about that in August. Thinking this week may turn out to be a little busy!

Congratulations to Stef, the newest Indiana RN!!!

And now for an update on the past week...well the past weekend at least. Thursday I went down to Indy to spend the day with Lindsey and Molly. We spent the morning and early afternoon at the Indy Zoo. I wasn't too impressed with the zoo and the animals were a little lethargic but we still had fun. We did get to see the dolphin show and they were fun to watch...though the girls didn't want to sit in the splash zone! ;-) Following the zoo we spent some time at Circle Center Mall mostly to kill time because we wanted to watch a movie at the IMAX theater...which we did after killing time at the mall and walking around downtown Indy. The movie was about NASCAR and was 3D...it was definitely cool though watching the cars race with 3D glasses on made me kinda sick. :-/ But the 3D glasses were definitely stylish...too bad we didn't get a picture with them on! After the movie we grabbed dinner at Chili's and then drove over to the hospital where Lindsey starts work this week. We made it back to Lindsey's house just at the rain started. We were pretty tired but still spent a couple hours talking till I decided I better head home. It was so much fun being together again and having the chance to catch up...though none of us had done a whole lot since graduation...but that should change in the next couple of weeks!

Friday my family and I head to Michigan to attend the wedding of Jon Nelson and Jennifer Ploeg. Jon's an ABWE MK I grew up with in the Philippines. We spent the afternoon with some friends of my parents before heading to the wedding. The wedding was done well and was very Christ centered. It was cool seeing Jonny get married! :-) Following the wedding was a dinner reception at a really nice restaurant...the food was awesome! But we didn't eat till 9:30 so it was definitely a late night! But it was fun to see Jonny again and to catch up with his sister, Jenni, (just graduated from BBC) who I also grew up with. After spending a few hours on saturday with another former ABWE Philippines family we headed home. Too much driving over those 3 days!! But it was a good weekend and it was nice to get out and do something. But in a couple weeks I'll probably be wishing for some down time! Such is life! :-)

oh...don't forget to pray for Nikki who is taking her NCLEX on Wednesday, June 2nd!

Another thing...check out Dave Barry's article about graduates and their parents...very funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home