Saturday, January 31, 2004

Saw the play last night. Didn't really know what to expect (even though it's the story of Beauty and the Beast) because I hadn't heard that much from those involved in it. Was it worth my $6? I would have to say yes...it was enjoyable, the cast did a great job, and the moving set was pretty cool. It was really short though and would have been even shorter if they hadn't sung Disney songs at the end while the grotesques danced and pranced about. I heard there were supposed to be pyrotechnics but they didn't go off last night...at least we didn't know during the play that we were missing them!! Most of the dialogue is done in rhyme which is unique...at times it reminded me of reading a Dr. Seuss book. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet I recommend you do and since it's short you can't use the excuse that you have too much else to do!!

Props to Megan and LaVaughn- the green and burgundy grotesques- for their dancing and prancing; Lindsey for doing the beast's makeup and Mark for an excellent peformance of musical selections from Disney's Beauty and the Beast!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home