Saturday, March 27, 2004

Still enjoying my time in the ER! There have been the ups and the downs- the highs of seeing parents who love their children and the lows of seeing parents who, quite frankly, are unfit to be parents!! Working in the ER has allowed me to see a slice of Americana- the rich, the poor, white and black- sickness or injury can affect anyone. And it's been interesting seeing family dynamics. But I have to remind myself that the parents may be at their worst since they have a child who's probably been sick for a couple days before coming to the hospital and now they've just all night at the hospital. Definitely understandable why they are so worn out and frazzled! Anyway, things are going well. Rae is awesome! I am doing more on my own and doing more in general. I am now 4/7 in IV starts- I know, I should be 7/7 right? IVs are hard to get!! It's hard finding veins on a dehydrated kid...and so the ones I have done have not been difficult sticks for an experienced nurse but that's ok because any IV start is still difficult and nerve wracking to me!! Overall, i am feeling more comfortable with my role and feel like I know more what to do without being told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home