Saturday, March 27, 2004

The following quote was sent to me by Drew Brown (freshmen class president) and I thought it was really good and thought provoking (I have no idea who Daniel Clark is).

"We [as Christians] seem to suffer
from low self-esteem. We seem to think
that we need to associate Christianity with
whatever is cool in order to make the gospel
relevant, instead of proclaiming the gospel
because it is relevant."---Daniel Clark

To me this sounds like what so many churches are doing today. They feel that they must cater to unbelievers in order to draw them in. While I don't disagree that we need to be drawing in unbelievers, I disagree with the methods many churches use today. I feel that Sunday worship should be a time of fellowship and encouragement of believers. Not to say that unbelievers shouldn't be welcome or invited. But that the focus should be on the edification of believers and not the goal of drawing people in. Spend the week spreading the gospel and witnessing and then gather together on Sunday to be refreshed!

What are your thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home