Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Well, most of my worldly possessions are now on their way to VA...well, I am sure the truck will make many stops before actually reaching Portsmouth. When I say truck I mean a really BIG truck. I was expecting a large U-Haul type truck to show up this morning and load my meager possessions. After giving the driver directions numerous times over the phone he finally arrives in a Mayflower semi-truck!! The truck almost completely blocked the road and I am sure irrated many drivers this morning. That's when I figured out that the driver picks up stuff all around the area and hauls it so they didn't really expect me to fill the truck. :-) I probably used about 1/12 of the truck (that's a nice random guess). But the guy and the lady with him (wife?) were really nice and like the packer yesterday were very efficient. I was a little worried about sending my stuff to the East Coast and not seeing it again for 2 months but so far things have worked out great and everyone has treated me well. So maybe I will actually see my stuff in one piece again in a couple months. :-) Now I just hope that everything that didn't get shipped will fit in my car on Friday! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home