Sunday, April 11, 2004

Not a very exciting Easter this year. I've been stuck here all weekend because of work...I worked on Saturday and it was incredibly slow. Dr. Evans said it was probably the slowest he's seen the ED in the five years he's worked there. It finally picked up around 2:45 and between 3:30 and 5pm I was able to successful start 3 IVs!! I was very excited and after the 3rd one in a row I decided it was time to go home before I had an unsuccessful start. :-)

Follow up on my parking citations: The situation has been resolved (at least my involvement in it), the tickets revoked and my money returned to my account. So, once again I have my "pristine record!" I am kinda disappointed because other than my dad no one has given any exciting suggestions of how I should get demerits!

Anyway, I work again tomorrow and Tuesday so even though everyone will start returning, I won't see most of my friends for a couple more days. :-( It is hard to believe that this is our last week of preceptorship...only 3 more days in the ED! That's sad too...I've really enjoyed my time there and have learned so much. Do I feel ready to be a nurse? Well...it's still a scary thought! I've learned that pediatrics is definitely what I enjoy and will miss all the adorable kids.

Well, gotta keep up my reputation so I am going to bed! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home