Friday, October 01, 2004

Once again it's been a little while since I've posted...but it's just so hard to find the time when I don't have computer access at home...and when I've been busy trying to find a home! :-) But I am happy to report that micah and I did find a townhouse and officially moved in this past wednesday. Our shipped stuff won't be delivered until this coming wednesday and I am anxiously awaiting arrival of my things. Unfortunately it doesn't include much furniture so I've been on the lookout for deals...was able to get a bed so I am not sleeping on the floor. Yippee!! Micah and I did a bunch of grocery shopping...last night I believe...and though we don't have many utensils yet we're slowly making our townhouse home. It's in the Churchland area of Portsmouth, VA...about 7 miles from the hospital and our commute doesn't involve any tunnels and so far traffic hasn't been bad at 6:15am and it usually takes us 15 minutes to get to work. Yippee!! This past week was our first week of internship. I was on the mother/baby unit which it so happens is where I'll be following internship for about 1 year (at that time I can apply to switch to a different unit). The week went pretty well and though the mother/baby units are crazy right now I didn't feel too pushed into things. It was weird to be doing nursing things again and took a little time to adjust back into that mode. We work MTRF...2 8-hour days and 2 12-hour days. It's actually a really nice schedule and probably the best one I'll ever have here! :-) Right now I am just glad it's Friday afternoon and I am done for the weekend!! Not that I have great plans for the weekend but I am just looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and then garage sale-ing and getting some good buys...well, maybe I'll leave that up to micah and just go shop at wal-mart. :-) We're slowly adjusting to a new town and new way of life. Fortunately it's nothing like OIS but there are still some major adjustments to Navy life that we're making. It's cool living 10 minutes from the ocean though I haven't really gone to the beach or anything. :-)

In other (more exciting) news: I am "officially" dating now!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home