Monday, October 11, 2004

Whew! What a weekend!! In a spontaneous decision I flew to Dayton/Cedarville for the weekend because...well, just because I had a 3-day weekend and I could! Of course having a girlfriend and siblings in the area was kinda a factor. :-) I spent most of Saturday hanging out with Katie at CU (Had brunch with her and Kevin to start the day)...great to see and catch up with Beth, Joel and Sarah. Oh, and the trip was a complete surprise to Katie and I definitely succeeded in surprising her!! Basically spent the afternoon looking at pictures and talking. Then had dinner at chuck's with Joel...good conversations but struggling food. :-) And then during dinner Lindsey walks in which was really cool!! And earlier in the day I talked to Amy (from camp) who just happened to be at CU for the play. So many people to see and talk to!! But after dinner I headed back to Dayton cuz I wanted to spend a least some time with Molly and everyone at school seemed to have plans (so how were your dates Beth and sarah? ;-)). Spent the evening playing cards with Molly and her aunt and uncle. Molly and I won the first round but lost the second :-( but not by much!! :-) Sunday we went to Washington Heights and then Bob Evans for brunch. Spent part of the afternoon napping and watching football (unfortunately the colts weren't televised!!) and then headed to a park for some fresh air. For dinner chrissy, molly and I made pizza which was really yummy...as were the brownies we had earlier in the day! Watched "While you were sleeping" as we ate and by the time it was over it was time to head to Kev's apartment where I spent the night. Met Katie for breakfast this morning and then spent a couple hours in the nursing department catching up with some fun people. And then it was time to head back to VA. :-( Hard to believe I did all of that this weekend...makes it kinda hard to go back to work tomorrow. :-) But it was a wonderful weekend...thanks to all those who had a part in making it so much fun!!!

Work has been going well. I am in the midst of my cardiac care unit rotation and am learning the ropes. It is hard to be very motivated when I know I'll be heading back to Mother/Baby in a few weeks anyway. But I really like the staff I am working with and so have had fun. Our apartment is looking more and more like home though it is a mess right now with all my boxes that haven't been unpacked and now 5 bikes that micah bought at an auction...$30 for some really nice bikes!!!! I should get back to the apartment and start unpacking but I'll probably get distracted with the computer! :-) Probably a good thing we don't have DSL working at the apartment yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home